1.5 Release Notes→
Release date: 2nd February 2023
- Guide Layers - Set Shapes so that they are visible in the Viewport but invisible in file renders and/or pre-comps.
- Mirror Filter - Reverse a Shape along a centre line to create a reflection.
deletehas been renamed to
deleteLayer. ⚠️ This is a breaking change.
deserialisehas been updated to accept a json string rather than a filepath. ⚠️ This is a breaking change.
importScene- import a .cv or .cvc file.
runProcesshas been updated. ⚠️ This is a breaking change - legacy scripts will error if they were using the result.
hasAttribute- check to see if an Attribute exists on a Layer.
- Proxy Server - use proxies when connecting via the Web Client.
existshas been renamed to
existsremains for backwards compatibility but will no longer appear in the auto-complete.
writeToFilehas a new 'overwrite' argument.
invertSelection- invert the current selection.
importGoogleSheetnow returns errors for invalid Sheet/SpreadsheetIds.
getGuidesAPIs for working with Ruler Guides.
Path.arcTo()- draw an arc given two points and a radius.
Path.back()- set the last point in a path.
rgbToHSVnow have a new scaled argument to determine whether RGB values are input as 0..1 or 0..255.
- New Draw Widget - Draw custom shapes via Cavalry Path.
- New ScrollView Widget - Control where scroll bars go in as Script's Window.
- New Container Widget - Use these to give a Layout a background colour with rounded corners.
addcan now take multiple arguments at once (e.g
layout.add(first, second, third))
onValueChangedcallback functions for LineEdit and FilePath.
setTextColorfor LineEdit and MultiLineEdit.
ui.setFixedSize- Set a fixed size for a Window.
ui.setMinimumWidth- Set a minimum width for a Window.
ui.setMinimumHeight- Set a minimum height for a Window.
ui.setMaximumWidth- Set a maximum width for a Window.
ui.setMaximumHeight- Set a maximum height for a Window.
ui.setFixedWidth- Set a fixed width for a Window.
ui.setFixedHeight- Set a fixed height for a Window.
ui.setToolbar- Set a Window to behave like a Toolbar.
ui.setVerticalToolbar- Set a horizontal (default) Toolbar Window to a vertical Toolbar.
clear()for HLayout, VLayout and DropDown.
previousPage- A function on PageView which will return the last page visited.
HLayout- Return the number of Widgets in a Layout.
insertSeparatorhas been added for DropDown.
ui.resizehas been removed as it was not a valid action for dockable windows. ⚠️ This is a breaking change.
- Dropdowns now auto-preview meaning that the result is interactively reflected in the Viewport before a choice is committed.
- The Text Shape now has a Font Scale attribute under the Advanced tab. This can be used to pass the scaling applied by Shrink to Fit Text Box from one Text Shape to another.
- Shift can now also be used to add/remove to/from selections in the Viewport.
- The Shelf icons can now overflow when the Shelf's width reduces.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Convex Hull is working again.
- Shift + select keyframes in the [Time Editor](/user-interface/menus/window-menu/scene-window/time-editor) has been restored.