1.5 Release Notes→
Release date: 26th April 2023
- New Edit > Add to Group menu item.
- New Shape > Swap Fill/Stroke menu item.
- New disconnectInput() added to the API.
- New disconnectOutputs() added to the API.
- New onLicenceUpdated Application Callback.
- Text Backgrounds now support the
lasttoken in the Specific Indices input.
- Text Backgrounds now support negative values for Specific Indices to select the last, penultimate, third-to-last etc paragraph/line/word/character.
- Enabling/disabling Fill/Stroke on selected Layers at the same time is now supported. Note - ensure you have the Fill/Stroke tab open before selecting the other Layers (clicking the tab will change selection).
- Connections to Attributes from other Compositions are now labelled as such.
- Deleting Layers by selecting them in the Time Editor is now supported again.
- When adding Random, Oscillator or Stagger Behaviours to Attributes via the
right click > Add Behaviourworkflow, Cavalry attempts to be more helpful in certain cases. For example:
- Adding a Random to a default Ellipse's radius.x will set the Random's Maximum to 100 (the Ellipse's width).
- Adding an Oscillator to a default Ellipse's radius.x will set the Oscillator's Minimum to -100 and Maximum to 100.
- Adding a Random to the Index of a Color Array with 4 colors will set the Random's Maximum to 4.
nameargument for api.create() is now optional.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Further safety checks have been added to resolve a crash happening on opening specific scenes.
- Animation Curves that do not start on frame 0 are now supported by the Animation Control again.
- Various issues with Text Backgrounds using Specific Indices have been resolved.
- A performance drop relating to Gradients in Duplicators has been improved.
- Where a Pre-Comp contained a Layer with a Shape Time Offset, time remapping the Pre-Comp was creating unwanted time offsets. This has been resolved.
- Fixed a crash undoing creating Ellipses or Rectangles after adding keyframes (required quite specific steps).
- Path Animation keyframes were not being recognised as selected. This has been fixed.
Some changes to Apple's notarization process meant we had inadvertently bumped our minimum requirements to macOS 12. That is now back to macOS 10.14 as intended for this release.